Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Please TOUCH THE ART with clean hands only"

Finally, the Memory Root is finished. I have been working on this painting since 2006. You know the rest of the story. Now the hard part is to get photographs that do it justice. You can't see all the sparkly glitter and stones and mirrors in this photo, or see the built-up crusty and torn-through layers. This picture also has lights--behind the crescent moon, the skulls, and the stained glass (not even visible here) You would want to touch the purple velvet, beaded areas, and gorgeous driftwood of the frame. If you know me, its ok to touch the art. If you know me, you also know I go through an art museum with my hands in my pockets or behind my back. otherwise the great works are in danger...but you can touch my art for now. Later the Guggenheim or Ogden can make sure the millions of visitors don't leave their oils on the work ;-D

No comments: