Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Reflection

Fall is the reflection time of the year; unfinished paintings call and beckon and occasionally hurl insults and I listen and say wait a little longer my friends

while I work on my biggest masterpiece yet--my daughter

One can only hope new ideas AND the opportunity to pursue them will come, and soon!

I had the pleasure to attend the first annual Bogalusa Blues and Heritage Festival at Cassidy Park http://www.bogalusablues.com/Home.aspx  last weekend and I feel recharged. I danced, watched/listened to music, I hugged my old friends, I read the heritage banners, went to the Pioneer and Native American Culture Museums http://www.museumsofcassidypark.com/ ate some awesome food, and bought some art, and some all-natural good smelling lotions. It was a hell of a day, just what I need to refresh the well. Did I mention that all this was in the steady soaking rain???? the place was jumping! ankle deep mud! gooey grass! rain slickers! the scene was happening. Don't miss next year's (September)!!!!!

No comments: